The time has come for Broome and I to part ways and it's a bittersweet feeling. On one hand I'm excited to move on to a new place and see what adventures lay ahead. On the other, I've met so many good people here that it'll be hard to say goodbye. They've been there for me and have become part of my australian family. My last day of work wqas on wednesday and it felt great to not have to clean another room for a month or so! The pay was pretty good, but other than that I'm not a big fan of housekeeping. As for the traveling we're heading out at noon tomorrow. We're traveling with a couple and they're taking the backroads for the first day that is only accesible with a 4 wheel drive(which we dont have)! We'll only drive 5 or 6 hours a day so we'll be able to see some things in the towns we stop in. We'll be staying at campgrounds and sleeping in the car and in a tent. The weather has been fairly nice at night so hopefully it will stay that way so we can sleep peacefully. We should get to Darwin on wednesday night and we fly out from there thursday afternoon. We'll be leaving our car parked at a friend of the couple we're traveling with's business in Darwin. I'm looking forward to being able to relax on the beach and also experience the Indonesian culture... and the cheap food! The past 2 months have been fun and there's no telling what the next couple have in store for me. Hope all is well back home... and go pokes! Cheers...
TJ
Friday, October 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment