Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Broome...
So I arrived in Broome last night and have enjoyed it so far. If you try to find it on a map, its in the very far northwest of Australia. It's in the state Western Australia, which is none to be sparsely populated but with some great scenery. The population of Broome varies from 14,000 during the rainy season (October to January) to around 40,000 around now. During the wet season no tourists come and the weather is extremely hot and humid. I was told if we didn't leave before the second week or so of october we wouldn't be able to travel in our car as a result of the heavy rains and flooding. I was only on the beach for a short bit, but it looked pretty. I think I have a job either working in the resturaunt... or maybe doing a little housekeeping! It won't be the most fun... but it's a job and I get a cheap place to live. We went to a movie last night at a cool little outdoor theater in town and saw the most depressing and most boring movie imaginable! It was about a couple who were homeless and never talked to each other and they were always getting high by inhaling gasoline! The whole movie I was like "what kind of weird person made this!" After that we ate dinner with 9 of the workers from the Oaks, the resort i'll be working at. Today I think I might go fishing with one of the girl's friends who's living here. Other than that I think a nice relaxing day by the pool doesn't sound too bad! I've got some pictures that I'll try and pst soon... but I forgot my camera today. See ya!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment