Well hello again from Broome! So everyone can be proud of me... I got a job... doing housekeeping! Anyone that has seen a room that I have lived in for more than 5 hours will be shocked at this, but we'll see how it goes. I'm not too excited about it, but the hours aren't bad, and it actually pays pretty well! With the job, I'm also able to live on-site. It's and older motel that the Oaks, the resort i'm working for, bought and turned into their staff quarters. I'm living with another guy in a room that's similar to a dorm room. We have our own bathroom and shower, so it's alright. We live there with about 20 other workers who are all pretty cool. So of my favorite times so far have been a group of us sitting on the porch and just hanging out and talking. The workers are mainly from Australia, but there are some from Korea, Germany, China, and Japan. Although they all speak english, it's been harder than I thought it would be to understand the Australian accent. The weather here has been pretty good. It gets into the low 90s during the day and at night it is beautiful! I've been spending quite a bit of time at the beach or by the pool. The beach is only 5 minutes away, so it's too easy not to go. I drove a car for the first time last night, and it was weird. They drive on the left side of the road, and the wheel is on the right side of the car. It wasn't too bad, it just takes a little getting used to! We don't have wireless at the hotel so I have to come to an internet cafe. I'll try and keep updated with everyone as much as possible and hopefully be able to skype with people soon. Hope all is well.
Much love,
Taylor
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment